SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR WOMEN
A tailored holistic approach to prepare women to walk on the pathway to income earning and employment. The program aims to equip women with skills to secure an income and get ready for employment, also to improve women’s self-esteem and break their social isolation. The program include the provision of training on basic dressmaking skills, how to establish a Social Enterprise or small business, English language skills, job seeking skills, information on training/vocational courses available and recognition of overseas qualifications.
The project will cover the following:
· Basic dressmaking skills (alterations, renovations, recycling clothes, how to use patterns)
· English Conversational classes
· How to establish a Social Enterprise, Small Business (ABN number, how to promote and market a small business using social media, budgeting.
· Job seeking skills (resume preparation, letter of application, interview skills)
· Assistance/information in recognition of overseas qualifications.
· Information on training/vocational courses available.
This program is delivered by NSW SLASA, it will held at Smithfield Youth Centre every Monday from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm starting on Monday 24 October. For more information please contact Claudia Escarate on 9610.0288, or Carlos Encina on 0414.825085.